Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Moment Envy

I haven't blogged in a while, but my busy life as been even busier in the past few weeks.  I take my midterm this week for class.  Midterms! oh how I hated them in college and I find myself "cramming" again six years later. Scary stuff!


     A thought struck me as I was in the grocery store the other day.  I had to take both boys with me, Travis was working and we were out of the essentials, so off we went.  Not sure why, but my boys decided to be pirates (Andrew's idea of course).  Unfortunately, for me, everyone we passed was in need of being attacked by pirates.  They were screaming "ARGH" at the top of their lungs and I am not exaggerating. I don't understand why people are so serious... really, you can't just laugh and move on? do you have to give us annoyed looks? I must admit that I was getting a little overwhelmed and I look up and at the end of the isle is a mom with 2 kids in her cart. They were siting perfectly still and quiet, just like little angels.  Right then and there I had what I call moment envy.  I found myself wishing for that calm and peaceful moment of grocery shopping with the perfect children. I was snapped back to reality, when the little girl started throwing a tantrum because she didn't get something she wanted.  I was then thankful for my little motley "crew" and finished my shopping.

    Moment envy is just that, a moment.  While I am wishing for what I see that others have, I have no idea at what the other moments in their day hold for them.  I need to be thankful for every moment that God gives me with those I love. Yes, I am sure I will still have some moment envy like when my kids decide to chunk things off the apartment balcony (another story for another day), but this thought will definitely be close by to remind me of how blessed I really am.


I leave you with a picture that I took in California this summer.

4 comments:

  1. Oh, Kell...I only have one and I have been there too. I'm pretty sure it happens to us all. God has blessed you with 2 precious pirates. Sometimes situations like this remind us to enjoy the moments rather than envy someone else's.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I can totally relate and I rarely take them both shopping. Just on Saturday I had Gabe with me and he kept trying to "shoot" people with his fake gun anytime we passed by people. It's exhausting, but oh so rewarding!! Because the same personalities that have them acting like pirates and shooting people, have them saying funny things and keeping us entertained at home. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pssst.... I'm following you! I found you through southern fried. I'm married to josh wesley from central and blog over at http://caribbeanmissionarywife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's funny, Same thing happened to me when I was in college. But it's not that scary. Scary but fun.

    cheapest electricity sydney

    ReplyDelete