Recently, I came across a recipe for Pumpkin Pecan Butter and decided to give it a try. It was super easy and the result was delish so I decided to share.
Pumpkin Pecan Butter
(yields 6 8oz jars or 12 4oz jars)
- 3 1/2 cups canned pumpkin
- 1 cup toasted chopped pecans
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 4 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 box surejell fruit pectin
- 1/2 teaspoon margarine or 1/2 teaspoon butter
- Measure pumpkin, pecans and pumpkin pie spice into 6- or 8-quart sauce pan.
- Prepare jars; keep lids hot until ready to fill jars.
- Measure sugar into separate bowl.
- Stir fruit pectin into pumpkin mixture.
- Add butter.
- Bring mixture to a rolling boil on high heat, stirring constantly.
- Quickly stir in sugar.
- Return to rolling boil and boil exactly 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat.
- Skim off any foam with metal spoon.
- Ladle quickly into prepared jars, filling to within 1/8 inch of tops.
- Wipe jar rims and threads; cover with two-piece lids.
- Screw bands tightly; place jars in hot water.
- Boil in water bath for 5 minutes for 8oz jars
I used 4oz jars because I think they are cuter and more practical. This yummy butter can be spread on just about anything that you would normally put jelly on. I baked some pumpkin bread to go along with the butter.